The National Beta Club began as the dream of founder, Dr. John W. Harris, a professor at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. It has become the nation's largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization. The National Beta Club is committed to recognizing and promoting high academic achievement, rewarding and nurturing worthy character, fostering leadership skills and encouraging service to others.
To be inducted into the National Junior Beta Club a student has to:
- Be 4th or 5th grader
- Have a minimum overall 93.0 average for the previous school year with no grade lower than a “B”
- No conduct grade lower than Satisfactory (S) for any nine weeks grading period
- Demonstrate worthy character and commendable attitude
- No out of school suspensions
The National Beta Club Mission Statement
To promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.
- Achievement- Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
- Character-Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
- Leadership- Developing the leaders of tomorrow
- Service-Demonstrating our motto: Let Us Lead by Serving Others